Sunday, May 10, 2009

For making me a mother...

I thought this picture was appropriate for my first mother's day.  
Especially since our current conundrum of mothering is how to remind the baby boy that eating at 3 am and 6 am is not that great.  He remains unconvinced.  But he is so snuggly and cute that I really don't mind.  For the next 18 years of his life (and more), I will think back on these days of feeding him in our big ol' bed and then falling asleep with his little fingers in my palm, his pokey toes in my stomach and his breath three times faster than mine.  Like Paul says, "You are the burden of my generation.  I sure do love you, now let's get that straight."

3 comments:

Will Faircloth said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day to you!!

Ariana said...

Happy Mother's Day! Pokey toes and all.

Bryce said...

How beautiful this picture is to me!