Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sons of Thunder Canoeing

A couple of weekends ago, we went canoeing with the Utley Family- three of the four boys came with us, Jack, Charlie and wild Harry (George is too small for now). Tracey and Michael (parents) are so cool and have so much fun with their little football team. It was a great day, the rain cleared just in time for us to get on the river. I didn't know how much time you spend with boys looking down and investigating everything happening under your feet- interesting-shaped rocks, skipping stones, spiders, dragonflies, more spiders. I loved having an Utley boy to paddle for me all day- such luxury as I sat in the middle of the canoe! And of course, Bryce and I had to stop at Sonic on the way back- what are water sports for if not for the food you look forward to at the end. Ah tater tots and chocolate malts... mmm...


No comments: