Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Crafts!

Well, it's December!  I haven't gotten out a single Christmas decoration... but I HAVE started up the sewing machine (and knitting needles) for presents and such.  I always have such an ambitious list of things I want to make for people for Christmas, and this year is no exception.  We'll see what I actually get done.
Here is an elephant I am working on.  I have wanted to try making stuffed toys ("softies" as they are called by crafty bloggers), but I am too cheap to buy a book to tell me how.  So this is my attempt at making up a pattern, and it definitely has some weirdness to work out...
A group from church has gotten together twice to sew together. We just bring our machines and get cooking!  I always get the least done of anyone (in this picture I am really just nursing, not actually sewing) but love to visit!
Here we all are with our goods... my favorite little craft is in his car seat sleeping and not in the picture.  He was so good while we sewed all day, just looked around and cooed.  

And here is the requisite cute kid picture.  Like you want to hear about me!


4 comments:

Tasha said...

Hey, Beth!

I just may have had some bookmarked pages for free softies patterns... You might try this blog for a bunch of different patters: http://www.softiemaking.com

And here's a cute elephant (do you know about Craftster?) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=28412.msg237303#msg237303

Tasha said...

And, as always, that kid of yours is soooo cute!

Beth said...

Thanks, Tasha! Very helpful- I found an elephant... the pattern looks very similar. I wonder why mine is so baggy in the underbelly...

keLi said...

Hurrah! I have found you in the blogosphere ... saw your link on Sonya's blog, so I've been checking out the pics of your sweet little man. Now I am officially counting down the days until the Christmas party ... Elijah will be there, won't he?