Saturday, August 1, 2009

Climbing on Rocks

Still playing catch-up...
We spent a lovely Saturday at Foster Falls, near the Fiery Gizzard (where the blog header pic was taken) outside of Monteagle.
Bryce has been climbing a bunch at Climb Nashville and really enjoying it. I love when he
can sport about (a necessity for that man) AND be around people he enjoys. Our trip to Foster Falls was just that. Bryce had not been climbing outside, and I have never really seen it done, really. I think I could get into this part of the sport (assuming I knew how to be safe). We were there with lovely (and really good) climbers, Josh & Katie and Jason & Amber.

I didn't climb, but hung out with adventure babe, who was roundly admired by all the climbers we passed and then slept for a bit in my lap. He is so much more likely to sleep in someone's lap when we are outside. Maybe it is the breeze on his face, I don't know. We swam at the falls before we left and (of course) stopped at Sonic. That is a necessary part of any outdoor sport, in the Eichelbook.
Speaking of face, I couldn't resist sharing this picture. Total non-sequitur.



2 comments:

Ariana said...

You are the adventure family! I love it. Love the look E-baby is giving you in that 'stand here by the tub and look squishable' photo. Non sequitur be danged!

Eilas Photography said...

You need to tell him to call Bjon next time he goes climbing, Bjon would love that. I don't get there as much as i'd like. We need to see you guys soon!