Wednesday, December 2, 2009

frosty morning hike






I am sure this was not the first frost for our mountains this year, but it was the first one that I got to revel in. The dogs needed some leg stretching, so we wandered up and down our mountain for a bit and enjoyed the ice-edged woods.

Bryce has ordered a full-body down bubble for the boy, but until it comes, I just wrap him in a puffy jacket and plop him into the backpack. He was warm enough to fall asleep, which was lovely since we are in a weaning, condensing and decreasing nap-purgatory these days.

But I have hope for the days ahead, even if they will be mostly filled with me, this little guy and our frosty perch above the world (because, seriously, I don't think we could leave if there were any REAL ice on our roads... time to stockpile!)

2 comments:

Ariana said...

Aww weaning. Sigh. How are you going to stockpile?

sonya said...

bethe.
i'm finally back checking blogs again (and hopefully posting on my own some... maybe as often as you :) i loved reading about your new home & really would love to come visit you. it looks so beautiful there. do you think that would be ok sometime in the coming months?