Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow Day

This was a couple of weeks ago, but worth sharing because it was such a great day.  We woke up with snow on the ground.  I thought that this meant we would not be going hiking as planned... silly me.  Haven't I been married to this man for 5 + years?  Katie and Josh and their new dog Roxy went with us to Beaman Park, near Joelton north of Nashville.  They are still making the trails there, but it is one of our favorite places to hike.  We would love to get land near there...
There is snow on the ground... just look close.  
Dad and Baby-ro.  I don't know why he calls him that.

The Harris Family
Then, after the hike, we stopped for tacos excelente at a stand on Charlotte Rd and then over to Climb Nashville for our multi-sport day!  You know if it is a multi-sport day, then Bryce set the itinerary.  I am into multi-meal days, personally.

Smallest climber at the gym.
Then, back to our house for dinner... soup from the crock pot.  I always feel like a genius when I use the crock-pot.  And as we were eating our delicious potato, acorn squash, sausage and tomato soup I kept saying, "I am a genius!"  Humble, too. Yay for MLK Day!

3 comments:

The Morginskys said...

bryce cracks me up. and what also cracks me up is that josh and katie still have their big jackets on at dinner.

Beth said...

Funny that I never noticed... maybe our house was cold...

Unknown said...

your house is never cold. we just like puffy jackets. :) that was a fun day!