Saturday, February 7, 2009

That Becky.

Well, today is Becky's wedding day... she will be joined in holy matrimony to the marvelous Mark.  They are having a small ceremony, so I thought I would celebrate by posting pictures of her lovely shower last weekend.  Lots of people love Becky, so it was a great time to get people together to celebrate her.
Becky is one of a kind.  Totally without self-consciousness and a totally devoted friend.  She and I became close our junior year at Berry and she would go on long ol' walks with me.  I could actually use a Becky walk right now!  Last weekend was also especially fun to get time with dear friends in mass (pictured above).  I am so grateful for these friendships.  We girls might be different on paper, but are so very the same, too.  What a gift. And blessings on Katie for hosting, even though she was sick.
Of course, Eli had a ton of fun (as you can see with Aunt Chara and Natalie.)  I couldn't figure out a way to have anyone watch him, especially since he is against bottles, in theory and in reality.  I don't think I have ever seen him this happy for such an extended amount of time (6pm to 1am).  This boy clearly loves attention.  He is his mother's son.

And it was lovely to see some old friends from Berry, too.... girls that Becky has kept up with in her Becky way.  We love you Becky!  Happy Wedding!  Enjoy that man on your latin honeymoon!

No comments: